Japan is the first overseas market in Luxury Card’s international expansion. Mastercard is partnering with Luxury Card to introduce top-of-the-line World Elite Mastercard product.
TOKYO, OCTOBER 24, 2016 – Luxury Card announced it will launch three credit card products to provide affluent consumers in Japan with a range of distinctive privileges both at home and abroad: the top-tier MasterCard® Gold Card™ made with 24K gold; the signature MasterCard® Black Card™; and the stylish MasterCard® Titanium Card™.
Luxury Card’s complete product suite comes with patented metal design and construction—a market-first in Japan.
“Japan is the first overseas market in the company’s international expansion to grow Luxury Card into a global brand because innovation, attention to detail and superior customer service are traits that embody both Japan and Luxury Card. I am confident that our differentiated offering will raise the bar for what a premium credit card can and should be.” – Hamilton Hayashi, Japan Representative Director, Luxury Card.
12 compelling benefits
The cards offer compelling benefits including:
- State-of-the-art patented metal card design and construction for the entire product lineup, a Japan-first.
- Top-of-the-line World Elite Mastercard, a Japan-first.
- Luxury Card Concierge™, a 24/7 concierge service to tend to Cardmember’s needs—domestic or abroad.
- Up to 3x points on domestic spend, 2x points on overseas spend everyday. 1
- Ability to redeem points for JAL and ANA miles without any redemption fees (no mile transfer limit with ANA).
- Access to Luxury Lounge, a global network of member-only lounges. (Opening of first lounge in NewYork in Nov. 2016. Additional cities being planned worldwide.)
- VIP Hotel & Travel Program, offering exclusive privileges such as room upgrade from a selection of over 3000 hotels, resorts and ryokans worldwide.
- Elite status: Hawaiian Airlines (Pualani Platinum) 2, The Leading Hotel Of The World (Leader’s Club) 3, National Car Rental (Emerald Club Executive), Shinsei Bank Step Up Program (Platinum). 4
- Comprehensive travel-related benefits, including Priority Pass global airport lounge access, free baggage delivery service for international flights, travel accident insurance, air trip delay coverage, purchase protection and zero fraud liability. 2
- Broad offering of dining privileges, such as reserved tables at hard-to-book restaurants, course menu upgrade, black car service for dining reservations and member-only social hours at luxury hotel lounges. 1, 2
- Lifestyle support, such as access to top-tier domestic and overseas private golf courses, priority booking with well-known private fitness trainers, private medical clinic referrals and free entrance to The National Art Center, Tokyo. 1, 2
- Member-exclusive magazine LUXURY MAGAZINE.
The general public can apply starting on November 1 at www.luxurycard.co.jp. 5
1 Service level varies by card type.
2 Service eligibility varies by card type.
3 1 night reservation and stay requirement at one of The Leading Hotels of the World member hotels.
4 Service scheduled to begin in 2017.
5 Luxury Card is issued by Shinsei Bank Group’s credit card subsidiary APLUS Co., Ltd.
About Luxury Card
Launched in the United States in 2008, Luxury Card (www.luxurycard.co.jp) is a global affluent company offering three premium credit cards, each with a distinctive, patented metal design and construction. Luxury Card caters to Cardmembers’ personal and professional needs at home and abroad, specializing in supporting active and busy individuals who want to get the most out of their life.